Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

//Princess Eevee//30 Day Anime Challenge - Day 1: First Anime You Watched

In an effort to get myself into the groove of posting, I decided I would participate in the 30 Day Anime Challenge. I've started this so many times, and then just gave up halfway through, but I am determined to actually finish this one! So today we will be talking about the first anime I ever watched: Tokyo Mew Mew.


I started out watching it when it was in English on 4Kids, and it was called Mew Mew Power. Mew Mew Power was VERY butchered. All the names were changed, all the ages, the transformations, even certain scenes were rearranged or cut out entirely. EVERYTHING was different. But for me, as a 10 year old girl who was just getting out of Barbie dolls and Disney Princesses, this was the change that defined me and shaped the rest of my teenage and adult years.

Tokyo Mew Mew is still my favorite show, and even the dub holds a special place in my heart. It was the first one that got me started! I would never willingly go back and watch it, but I will defend it and other English dubs, because I know that it's where a lot of preteens start watching anime. I think if someone had thrown a fit on me right into my anime journey, I wouldn't want to continue. Because of that, I want to make sure I'm giving them the support that they need when they first start out.



Tokyo Mew Mew is about five girls infused with the DNA of endangered animals, which gives them special powers and allows them to transform into Mew Mews. They are led by Ichigo Momomiya, and their main purpose is to protect the Earth from aliens who wish to reclaim it.



My favorite character is Ryou Shirogane. He was my first anime crush and he is still near the top of my list! I think he created my weird fetish for the quiet and cool guys who annoy you. (even though I would never actually date a guy like that haha) His story is a bit unbelievable, but it doesn't take away from him as a character for me. When I was a preteen/teenager, when I was upset I would pretend he was there with me and I would just talk all my worries away. That's so stupid, I know, but it really helped me haha!



As for my favorite ship . . . Well, I have a lot. My OTP is Ryou/Ichigo, but I also like Kisshu/Ichigo, Purin/Taruto, Retasu/Keiichiro, and tons more. (also me/Ryou because we are allowed one awful ship okay)

What was your first anime? Let me know in the comments down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment! it makes my day. (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

unless you're posting spam. then i just do this: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

pastelpoopies's anime, manga, recommendations, lists and more at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online